Participant : 1
Train-the-Trainer Institute: Personal and Fictional Narrative (6-12)
$995.00 – $7,500.00
Participant : 1
Trainees will learn how to train their teachers to teach the personal and fictional narrative mode of discourse, using the official Jane Schaffer® terminology, color-coding, chunking techniques, ratios and graphic organizers in a step-by-step process. Dr. Louis teaches trainees 1) how to implement the training to adult learners, 2) what to anticipate with regard to questions; 3) when and how to pace the training segments; and 4) how to assess teacher performance and student responses. Trainees receive Dr. Louis’ PowerPoint® presentation, a trainer’s manual and pacing plan, as well as the trainer’s pen set and promotional products.
Learn the ins and outs of training teachers to teach students the personal narrative process: to recount and vividly describe personal events and the feelings experienced to produce personal narratives for creative venues, high-stakes testing, and college admission essays. For the fictional narrative, participants will learn the JSWP approach to teaching students how to develop characters, setting, point of view, conflict and resolution. They will learn to implement narrative techniques, such as dialogue and sequencing of events, to develop tone and to draw the reader into the story. This Train-the-Trainer Institute will empower you to train your staff how to teach personal and fictional narrative writing to all students.
Subject Area Participants: English Language Arts and Reading, English Language Learners, Guidance Counselor, Learning Support
Grade Level(s): 6-12
Date(s): April 5-7, 2022
- 8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. (CDT)
Deadline to Register: March 29, 2022
- Lead OnSite Trainer
- This person is registering for all four modes of discourse: Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and Response to Literature.
- The discounted price for all four modules is $7,500.
- Additional OnSite Trainer with a Specialty
- This person supports an existing Lead OnSite Trainer.
- S/he is registering for one or more specific modes of discourse: Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and/or Response to Literature.
- The discounted price is $995 per module.
- Single Specialty OnSite Trainer
- This person does not have a Lead OnSite Trainer on campus or in the district.
- S/he only wants to take 1-3 particular modes of discourse: Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and/or Response to Literature.
- The price is $2,500 per module.
Credit Cards, Purchase Orders, Business Checks Accepted.