Louis Educational Concepts, LLC, owner of the Jane Schaffer Writing Program® (JSWP) will conduct four three-day institutes in each of the four modes of discourse over the course of the 2018-2019 school year. This professional development is designed as a training of trainers in order to prepare a staff member or members from a selected school or district to become the certified OnSite Trainers for that selected school or district. Dr. Deborah E. Louis will conduct these institutes. A designated OnSite Trainer may attend one or all of the institutes, but the price remains the same as we prefer to have OnSite Trainers with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the modes and their different ratios regarding the logic and organization of different forms of writing. This program focuses on empowering district coaches, deans, and teachers with the cognitive and implementation process of the “official” JSWP methodology. Qualified participants will be trained to deliver proven, meaningful, accurate, and scaffolded writing skills and concepts to their district’s or campus’ faculty.
Educators may enter the program at any time during the year. We will provide the three-day workshops until we have completed two rounds of the four modes of discourse. We start our second year with Response to Literature.
Analytical Response to Literature
Personal and Fictional Narrative
Expository/Informational Writing Across-the-Curriculum
*Each professional development session focuses on academic writing skills for vocational and college-bound students. Also included are strategies, techniques, and materials for state and national tests, depending on participants’ needs (e.g., STAAR for Texas; LEAP for Louisiana, AP, ACT)
**Participants may enter a series at any point during the school year.
12-Day Series: Attend any or all of the following upcoming institutes. Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge of the Jane Schaffer Writing Program in all four modes of discourse.
OnSite Trainer Information
Participants in the OnSite Trainer’s Institutes must provide proof of the following qualifications:
- Valid State Teacher’s License
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years or more classroom experience
- Currently employed by a public, private, or charter school or school district
Fax or scan/email your information to 214.943.9447 or firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively. Please include a cover sheet with your name, school, and JSWP order number.
OnSite Trainer Biennial Renewal (occurring every two years)
- Half-day training per year per module (webinar or face-to-face)
- OnSite Trainer Certification
- The OnSite Trainer may only provide instruction on the site that pays the site license. If a district pays the site license, the OnSite Trainer may train on any and all campuses. If a campus pays the site license, the OnSite Trainer may only train on that campus. An OnSite Trainer may become a JSWP national trainer. Talk to Dr. Louis if you are interested.
- OnSite Trainers’ Responsibilities
- Train teachers of site licensed entity in the mode of discourse in which they are certified;
- Guide and facilitate teachers in a continuous cycle of learning;
- Act as a liaison between the school administrator and JSWP;
- Submit questions and concerns to Dr. Louis as they arise;
- Provide teachers with updates on new JSWP products;
- Order training materials through Louis Educational Concepts, LLC;
- Teacher’s Instructional Guides
- Pens (optional)
- Sign-in Sheets
- Certificates of Completion
- Provide LEC with sign-in sheets in order to retrieve official certificates of completion
- OnSite Trainers MAY NOT
- Publish or digitally post material under Jane Schaffer Writing Program® trademark – copyright violation;
- Copy materials for teachers (Districts or campuses must purchase materials from JSWP; copying is prohibited.);
- Train teachers from other schools or campuses as an independent contractor – copyright violation;
- Appraise or discipline campus teachers in a formal or informal manner (district or campus role; not JSWP role);
- Negotiate pricing for workshops between campus/district and Louis Educational Concepts, LLC and JSWP; or
- Train, supervise, monitor, or advise other OnSite trainers.
"Official Certification Package"
Once you have an OnSite Trainer, you qualify to become an “Official” Jane Schaffer® Writing School or District”:
- A certified school or district with an “official” OnSite Trainer and his/her school/district enjoys the following benefits
- 90-day Subscription for Each Mode of Discourse: Individual Teachers and/or PLC access to 30-hours of Recorded Webinars for Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and Response to Literature Modes (This is a retail value of $720.00 per teacher or $10,000 per campus up to 50 teachers per campus, and it is included in a licensed, certified school or district.)
- Teacher Guides Discount ($49.95 per guide – regularly priced at $59.95 per guide)
- 90-minute Live “Administrators’ Orientation Webinar”
- Access to Monthly Q&A webinars with Dr. Deborah Louis
- Certificates of Completion after every training
- Jane Schaffer Logo to post on your school or district website
- 10% discount on all promotional products (not associated with $59.95 guides)
- “Official Jane Schaffer Writing School or District” annual fee based on student enrollment of your school or district (K-12)
- 1 – 499 students enrolled: $1,500 per year
- 500 – 1,499 students enrolled: $3,000 per year
- 1,500 – 2,999 students enrolled:$5,000 per year
- 3,000 – 9,999 students enrolled: $7,000 per year
- 10,000 – 19,999 students enrolled: $10,000 per year
- 20,000 – 49,999 students enrolled: $15,000 per year
- 50,000 – 99,999 students enrolled: $20,000 per year
- 100,000 – 500,000: $25,000 per year
- To maintain “Certified” status, the OnSite Trainer/Coordinator school or district provides Louis Educational Concepts with the following annual documentation:
- Quantitative Data:
- Enrollment Information
- Dis-aggregated Data on Same Set of Students
- Elementary School:
- 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th grade quantitatively dis-aggregated data on same set of students for end-of-course district, state, or national test
- 2nd grade – qualitatively dis-aggregated data (option) upon entering
- Middle School:
- 6th, 7th, 8th grade quantitatively disaggregated data on same set of students for end-of-course district, state, or national test
- 6th grade – qualitatively dis-aggregated data (option) upon entering
- High School:
- 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grade quantitatively dis-aggregated data on same set of students for end-of-course district, state, or national test (For seniors, SAT/ACT results, if applicable)
- 9th grade – qualitatively dis-aggregated data (option) upon entering
Dr. Deborah E. Louis’ passion for educational excellence began as a classroom teacher in the Dallas-Fort Worth region of Texas. For sixteen years, Deborah taught On-level, Pre-AP®, and Advanced Placement® English Language Arts to secondary students of diverse ethnicities and learning styles in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. She was a 1-day, 2-day, and AP Summer Institute presenter for The College Board between 1994 and 2006. In 2010, Deborah purchased the Jane Schaffer Writing Program®. Deborah’s goal and that of her national team of experts is to provide the highest quality professional learning and mentoring to teachers in the areas of writing, advanced academics, high-stakes testing, and educational technology. Through webinars, workshops, job-embedded training, and teaching materials, Deborah strives to ReVision the educational system, combining traditional and flipped approaches to professional learning for teachers of grades K-12; and differentiating for Special Education, English Language Learners, and Gifted and Talented. Although her mission takes her all over the United States and abroad, Deborah lives in Dallas, Texas USA. She earned her Ph.D. in Mythological Studies with Emphasis in Depth Psychology, writing her dissertation on Approaches to Teaching Archetypal and Mythocultural Literature in a Technological World.
Deborah loves reading, music, dancing, traveling for fun, archetypal psychology, and continuous learning opportunities.