Louis Educational Concepts, LLC, owner of the Jane Schaffer Academic Writing Program® (JSWP) will provide four three-day institutes in each of the four modes of discourse over the next six months. This professional development is designed as a training-of-trainers in order to prepare a staff member or members from a selected school or district to become the certified OnSite Trainers for that selected school or district. Dr. Deborah E. Louis, owner of the Jane Schaffer Academic Writing Program and educational thought leader, will conduct these institutes.
A designated OnSite Trainer may attend one or all of the institutes, but the best price is the one in which a designated Lead Trainer takes all four and leaves with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the modes and their different ratios regarding the logic and organization of different forms of writing. This program focuses on empowering district coaches, deans, and teachers with the cognitive and implementation process of the “official” JSWP methodology. Qualified participants will be trained to deliver proven, meaningful, accurate, and scaffolded reading and writing skills and concepts to their district’s or campus’ faculty.
October 26-30, 2020 – Argumentation (6-12)
November 30 – December 4, 2020 – Personal and Fictional Narrative (K-12)
*Each professional development session focuses on academic writing skills for vocational and college-bound students. Also included are strategies, techniques, and materials for state and national tests, depending on participants’ needs (e.g., STAAR for Texas; SBAC for California; LEAP for Louisiana, AP, ACT)
**Participants may enter a series at any point during the school year.
12-Day Series: Attend any or all of the following upcoming institutes. Our goal is to empower you with the knowledge of the Jane Schaffer Writing Program in all four modes of discourse.
- Part I: Response to Literature (June 22-26, 2020) – Deadline to Register: June 8, 2020
- Part II: Expository/Informational Writing Across-the-Curriculum (Aug. 31-Sept. 4, 2020) – Deadline to Register August 8, 2020
- Part III: Argumentation (Oct. 26-Oct. 30, 2020) – Deadline to Register: October 12, 2020
- Part IV: Personal and Fictional Narrative (December 1-3, 2020) – Deadline to Register: November 16, 2020
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? We recommend teachers and/or coaches on your campus or in your district who are JSWP raving fans with an understanding and classroom experience in the JSWP methodology. Price for the First Trainer: $7,500 for all four modules or $2,500 per module
- Lead OnSite Trainer: $2,500 for each module or the Best Deal is $7,500 for all four modules
- Additional OnSite Trainers (Once you establish and register a Lead Trainer to take all four modules, you may add OnSite Trainers in specific modules of interest. This option is popular with districts who need more than one trainer to implement writing across-the-curriculum and across grade levels. Add $995 per module per additional trainer (e.g., Social Studies teacher/coach for Expository).
- Single Module OnSite Trainer: $2,500 per module (stand-alone)
If you would like an estimate, send the following information to email@example.com: 1) list the number of participants by name or TBD; 2) identify each participant as “Lead” or “Additional”; and 3) next to each person’s ID, specify the module(s) requested.
Fax your P.O. to 214.943.9447.
Grade Levels: K-12
Certified JSWP Writing Campus or District: Once a district or campus has one or more OnSite Trainers, it becomes eligible to be named as a “Certified Jane Schaffer Writing Campus or District.” Select “Official Certification Package” tab.
Workshop Duration: Each mode of discourse consists of a 5-part series, 2 hours per day.
Webinar: 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. (CDT/CST)
Continuing Education Units (CEU): 12 hours for each mode of discourse attended (includes online and assignments). Up to 72 hours (Official CPE Provider for the State of Texas #902-581)
Reminder: Be sure to layer your clothing to ensure comfort.
What to Bring: We provide all materials; but, you need your laptop or device, internet access, speakers, highlighters, post-it notes, and a notepad on which to take notes.
Campus or District Payment Information:
Individuals: Credit Cards Accepted. No Personal Checks.
District, Campus, Organization: Credit Cards, Company Checks, and Purchase Orders Accepted.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain vendor information from our company.
Purchase Orders must be received by registration deadline to reserve seats.
Please make Purchase Orders and checks payable to Louis Educational Concepts, LLC
OnSite Trainer Information
Participants in the OnSite Trainer’s Institutes should have the following qualifications:
- Valid State Teacher’s License
- Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college or university
- Three (3) years or more classroom experience
- Currently employed by a public, private, or charter school or school district
Email your information to email@example.com respectively.
OnSite Trainer Biennial Renewal (occurring every two years)
- Half-day training per year per module (webinar or face-to-face)
- OnSite Trainer Certification
- The OnSite Trainer may only provide instruction on the site that pays the site license. If a district pays the site license, the OnSite Trainer may train on any and all campuses. If a campus pays the site license, the OnSite Trainer may only train on that campus. An OnSite Trainer may become a JSWP national trainer. Talk to Dr. Louis if you are interested.
- OnSite Trainers’ Responsibilities
- Train teachers of site licensed entity in the mode of discourse in which they are certified;
- Guide and facilitate teachers in a continuous cycle of learning;
- Act as a liaison between the school administrator and JSWP;
- Submit questions and concerns to Dr. Louis as they arise;
- Provide teachers with updates on new JSWP products;
- Order training materials through Louis Educational Concepts, LLC;
- Teacher’s Instructional Guides
- Pens (optional)
- Sign-in Sheets
- Certificates of Completion
- Provide LEC with sign-in sheets in order to retrieve official certificates of completion
- OnSite Trainers MAY NOT
- Publish or digitally post material under Jane Schaffer Writing Program® trademark – copyright violation;
- Copy materials for teachers (Districts or campuses must purchase materials from JSWP; copying is prohibited.);
- Train teachers from other schools or campuses as an independent contractor – copyright violation;
- Appraise or discipline campus teachers in a formal or informal manner (district or campus role; not JSWP role);
- Negotiate pricing for workshops between campus/district and Louis Educational Concepts, LLC and JSWP; or
- Train, supervise, monitor, or advise other OnSite trainers.
"Official Certification Package"
Once you have an OnSite Lead Trainer, you qualify to become an “Official” Jane Schaffer® Writing School or District”:
- A certified school or district with an “official” OnSite Trainer and his/her school/district enjoys the following benefits
- 90-day Subscription for Each Mode of Discourse: Individual Teachers and/or PLC access to 30-hours of Recorded Webinars for Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and Response to Literature Modes (This is a retail value of $720.00 per teacher or $10,000 per campus up to 50 teachers per campus, and it is included in a licensed, certified school or district.)
- Discounted price for our jswponline.com
- Teacher Guides Discount
- 90-minute Live “Administrators’ Orientation Webinar”
- Access to Monthly Q&A webinars with Dr. Deborah Louis
- Certificates of Completion after every training
- Jane Schaffer Logo to post on your school or district website
- 10% discount on all promotional products (not associated with $59.95 guides)
- “Official Jane Schaffer Writing School or District” annual fee based on student enrollment of your school or district (K-12)
- 1 – 499 students enrolled: $1,500 per year
- 500 – 1,499 students enrolled: $3,000 per year
- 1,500 – 2,999 students enrolled:$5,000 per year
- 3,000 – 9,999 students enrolled: $7,000 per year
- 10,000 – 19,999 students enrolled: $10,000 per year
- 20,000 – 49,999 students enrolled: $15,000 per year
- 50,000 – 99,999 students enrolled: $20,000 per year
- 100,000 – 500,000: $25,000 per year
Your Trainer and Thought Leader
Dr. Deborah E. Louis’ passion for educational excellence began as a classroom teacher in the Dallas-Fort Worth region of Texas. For sixteen years, Deborah taught On-level, Pre-AP®, and Advanced Placement® English Language Arts to secondary students of diverse ethnicities and learning styles in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. She was a 1-day, 2-day, and AP Summer Institute presenter for The College Board between 1994 and 2006. In 2010, Deborah purchased the Jane Schaffer Writing Program®. Deborah’s goal and that of her national team of experts is to provide the highest quality professional learning and mentoring to teachers in the areas of writing, advanced academics, high-stakes testing, and educational technology. Through webinars, workshops, job-embedded training, and teaching materials, Deborah strives to ReVision the educational system, combining traditional and flipped approaches to professional learning for teachers of grades K-12; and differentiating for Special Education, English Language Learners, and Gifted and Talented. Although her mission takes her all over the United States and abroad, Deborah lives in Dallas, Texas USA. She earned her Ph.D. in Mythological Studies with Emphasis in Depth Psychology, writing her dissertation on Approaches to Teaching Archetypal and Mythocultural Literature in a Technological World.
Deborah loves reading, music, dancing, traveling for fun, archetypal psychology, and continuous learning opportunities.