Participant : 1
Train-the-Trainer: Elementary Response to Literature (K-5)
$995.00 – $7,500.00
Participant : 1
Trainees will learn how to train their teachers to teach elementary response to literature, using the official Jane Schaffer® terminology, color-coding, chunking techniques, ratios and graphic organizers in a step-by-step process. Learn 1) how to implement the training to adult learners, 2) what to anticipate with regard to questions; 3) when and how to pace the training segments; and 4) how to assess teacher performance and student responses. Trainees receive Dr. Louis’ PowerPoint® presentation, a trainer’s manual and pacing plan, as well as the trainer’s pen set and promotional products.
This training is designed for trainees to instruct their English language arts and Reading teachers how to teach literary analysis, also known as response to literature. From a simple understanding of concrete detail and commentary, to the model paragraph, to the multi-paragraph essay, this module reveals an academic approach to writing about literature. Learn how to work with your teachers to scaffold writing lessons along with aligned strategies that teach students vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking skills while they analyze published writings.
Subject Area Participants: English Language Arts, English Language Learners, Learning Support
Grade Level(s): K-5
Dates: October 28, 29, 30, November 6, 2021
- 7:30 A.M. – 10:30 A.M. (PDT)
- 8:30 A.M. – 11:30 A.M. (MDT)
- 9:30 A.M. – 12:30 P.M. (CDT)
- 10:30 A.M. – 1:30 P.M. (EDT)
Location: OnLine, Live
Deadline to Register: October 15, 2021
- Lead OnSite Trainer
- This person is registering for all four modes of discourse: Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and Response to Literature.
- The discounted price for all four modules is $7,500.
- Additional OnSite Trainer with a Specialty
- This person supports an existing Lead OnSite Trainer.
- S/he is registering for one or more specific modes of discourse: Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and/or Response to Literature.
- The discounted price is $995 per module.
- Single Specialty OnSite Trainer
- This person does not have a Lead OnSite Trainer on campus or in the district.
- S/he only wants to take 1-3 particular modes of discourse: Argumentation, Expository, Narrative, and/or Response to Literature.
- The price is $2,500 per module.