The Elementary Response to Literature Self-Paced In Service is for teachers in grades 3-6.
Subscription: 30-days from the date of delivery. Your 30 days will commence five days after your order to allow time to receive your materials in the mail. The video takes you step-by-step through the process.
This self-paced professional development provides English Language Arts teachers with training on the teaching of response to literature. From the very simple model of the Cinderella paragraph to popular texts, such as Tuck Everlasting and Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, teachers learn how to instruct students on close reading and writing skills.
The standards-based curriculum guide demonstrates alignment with both the Common Core State Standards and the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
The scaffolding of skills includes Jane’s prewriting strategies, student-centered terminology, color-coding, and Web-off-the-Word™, Jane’s breakthrough approach to commentary and vocabulary development. From terminology to final draft essays, this workshop is designed to assist the English language arts teacher with strategies and techniques that yield successful writers.
Topics covered in this workshop:
- Terminology and methodology
- Response to literature paragraph model
- Gathering and evaluating CDs
- Building insightful commentary
- Editing, revising, proofing
- Prompt construction
- Collaborative and paired writing
- Sample timelines/pacing plans
- Introduction to thesis, introductions, and conclusions
- Revising and editing
- Weaving – Leaving the formula behind
- Two-chunk response to literature paragraphs
- Quotations and lead-ins
- In-depth study of thesis, introductions, conclusions
- G/T solutions
- Google docs template available