Each video is 8-13 minutes in length.
Even if a teacher or home school parent would like to begin with Response to Literature, the Personal or Fictional Narrative, or Argumentation, this first student-centered video will provide the key terms and colors that start the process of yielding increased skills and scores in student writing.
Once students know the colors and terms, the thinking and learning, adapting and differentiation occur with the teaching of the HOW of writing (found in our guides, in our workshops and webinars, and in our self-paced digital programs):
- Gathering CDs (teaching students how to gather and evaluate specific, relevant, and appropriate evidence)
- The T-Chart (teaching students how to embed quotations, generate commentary, revise the topic sentence, and compose a concluding sentence)
- WOW charts (teaching vocabulary development, denotation, connotation, authentic writing, voice)
- Shaping Sheet (teaching students how to effectively edit, proof, and revise for grammar, usage, syntax, style, and voice)
- Introduction (teaching students how to build an introduction with a thesis statement)
- Conclusion (teaching students how to build a reflective and stimulating conclusion)