English I Literacy Program
Flipped Professional Development
Sometimes, campuses and districts need flexibility in budgeting and scheduling their staff’s professional development hours. This course allows your school or district to have an 8-12 hour workshop at a lower cost than a brick-n-mortar training and in a variety of formats: 1) Professional Learning Communities (PLC); 2) Departments; 3) Vertical Teams; and/or 4) Individual Teachers — during conference periods or before/after contract hours.
Teachers may view and review the segments at their convenience for optimum learning. And because each teacher will have his/her own course, s/he may present portions of the videos to students.
English I Literacy is designed to provide secondary teachers (9th grade) with a skill-based professional development program that encompasses the skills students need to master literacy. A school or district may purchase a one-year subscription for this series for up to 50 teachers for $2,500. Or, individual teachers may purchase a 60-day subscription for the individual price listed. IP’s are limited to three devices.
- Entire Series: $350
- One individual license
- To purchase Campus and District licenses Contact Us.
- Lectures 23
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 16
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
What to Expect in this Series
Understanding and Analysis Across the Genres
Understanding and Analysis of Literary Texts
Understanding and Analysis of Informational Texts
- EI(11): Writing (Structuring of Ideas)
- EI(12): Writing (Gathering Concrete Details; Embedding Quotations; Writing Commentary)
- EI(13): Expository Writing (How to Plan and Practice)
- EI(14): Expository Writing (This new video provides direct instruction to the students. Teachers may team teach with the presenter or set up the video for student viewing only. Helps also with make-up work and tutorials.)
- EI(17): Capitalization; Punctuation; Organization; Analysis of Data
- EI(18): Simple Sentences to Compound Sentences to Complex Sentences; Sentence Variety; Using Active and Passive Voice Appropriately; Comma Usage
- EI(19): Mechanics; Grammar; Spelling; Gerunds and Infinitives; Punctuation with Restrictive and Nonrestrictive Clauses; Quotation Marks; Sentence Openings
- EI(20): Multiple-Choice Strategies and Practice (Editing)
MC Practice/ Reading
MC Practice/ Writing
Short Answer Writing