Teaching Argumentation (Five-Part Series)
Price: $179.95 plus shipping/handling
Webinar Start Times for Different Time Zones:
- 2:00 P.M. (PST)
- 3:00 P.M. (MST)
- 4:00 P.M. (CST)
- 5:00 P.M. (EST)
Included in This Training:
- 7.5 hours of instruction;
- teacher's guide;
- zipper bag with set of pens for color-coding;
- unbound graphic organizers for easy copying; and
- CEU certificate;
- SBAC Argumentation or STAAR® persuasive packet, depending on your state’s test.
Audience: Middle School and High School Educators
Subject(s): English Language Arts, Social Studies, Science, Pre-AP® and Advanced Placement® English Language and Composition
Common Core State Standards:
- ELA: Write arguments to support claims in an analysis of substantive topics or texts, using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- WHST: Write arguments focused on discipline-specific content.
This webinar is a 5-part series:
- brief introduction and history of program;
- defining and color-coding the elements of an argumentative paragraph, including concession, counterclaim, and refutation;
- eviewing the masters and their contributions: Aristotle, Toulmin, Rogers.
- the argumentation ratio
- ifferentiating for SPED/ELL, OnLevel, Pre-AP®/AP®, ACT® preparation;
Option 2: 5-Part Taped Webinar (90-day license)
- Trainer: Deborah E. Louis, Ph.D. – Owner of JSWP
- 90-day subscription - view at your convenience
- $2500.00 plus 39.95 per teacher for materials
- Up to 25 subscriptions
- OnDemand training
- Teacher's guide, including hard copies of graphic organizers, and a zipper bag of pens for color-coding
- CEU certificate per participant
- Participant only license
- Contact email@example.com and request an estimate. Provide number of teachers.
Reminder: Allow 90 minutes for each session. For the first session, please enter the webinar early to test technology.
Attendance: Webinar participates must attend 3 out of the 4 sessions to receive a certificate of completion.
Equipment: Computer or Mobile Device; Internet Access; Audio. Webcam optional.
For Individuals: Credit Cards or Purchase Orders Accepted.
For Departments, Campuses, and Districts: Credit Cards or Purchase Orders Accepted.
For Purchase Orders
Payable to Louis Educational Concepts, LLC, 400 South Zang Blvd., Ste. 1425, Dallas, Texas 75208, (f) 214.943.9447
P.O. must arrive on or before September 26, 2017 to finalize registration.